Online Presence

Reading the articles given in the blog post was actually quite scary. It's obvious that people our age especially have a greater social media presence than many in older generations, and with the internet broadening its horizons, it's only getting worse. I have an account for almost every popular social media platform available on the app store. Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, etc. I've had many of these accounts since the applications were released. I've been a follower of Snapchat and Instagram from it's early days, when I had the first or second release of the iPhone itself. On most of these websites, you have the opportunity to create a biography, or a bio, to go with your profile. My bio always consists of my hometown state, my university, and graduating class. So, therefore, most people will know automatically where I go to school, and my home state. The information seems vague at first, but will new capabilities, nothing is safe. I have countless accounts with websites that I've only purchased one thing from, or have signed up to receive news letters. I sometimes find myself getting emails or direct messages from people I don't know. 
Facebook, is the only website that has a little more about me. When facebook gave the option to show more information to only close friends, I was very open to that idea. My email and phone number are on facebook, and I have over 800 friends, half of which I probably don't even know. 

I think that social media can make people feel a lot of different ways at different times. It can make you feel lonely at times; you're never really talking to another person when you're communicating online, and sometimes that can spark loneliness. But without these applications, we wouldn't be where we are today. 
                          
                               
https://www.forbes.com/sites/larryalton/2017/12/01/how-millennials-think-differently-about-online-security/#4a4c19d6705f

Comments